Ph.D. Studentship, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 09 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A position for a Ph.D. studentship is available in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the College of Engineering, United Arab Emirates University. The research focus is on reject brine management and and other waste utilization to produce sustainable construction materials. The research investigates the possibility of utilizing these waste sources to produce sustainable, cost effective, and environmentally friendly products that have specific potential applications in the industrial sector, particularly in the construction industry. In addition to a strong background in the above-mentioned areas, candidates should be motivated, hardworking, and well-experienced in construction and cementitious materials. The candidate should be able to conduct innovative research in construction engineering and building materials. The ideal candidate should have excellent experience in conducting laboratory tests for the properties of materials, including concrete, reject brine, and other waste materials that could be used in construction applications. The candidate should prepare a plan for the entire research activities, work for a broader research project requiring the delivery of modular and tightly connected project tasks, write progress reports, collaborate closely with the research team, maintain accurate and complete records of all findings, ensure the validity and reliability of data at all times, and produce results for journal publications and conference presentations,. The candidate is also expected to achieve ambitious goals and develop the required knowledge and skills.
- An MSc degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4 and a BSc degree with a minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 4.
- Must have published at least one peer reviewed journal article in a reputed journal. More publications and conference presentations will be a plus.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team with flexibility and initiative-based approach.
- Ability to be innovative and creative.
- Professional and personal skills for completing the doctoral degree within the required timeframe.
- Two recommendation letters. English Requirement: A minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
The preferred qualification of the candidate is to have an MSc degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4. The candidate should have experience in conducting laboratory tests for the properties of materials including concrete, reject brine, and other waste materials that could be used in construction applications. He/she also should have published a minimum of one peer reviewed journal article in a reputable journal.
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-05-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant