Assistant / Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
1 day left
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 08 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites qualified, outstanding candidates to apply for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Environmental Engineering. Candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is also required. The position will be filled at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor, depending on the qualifications and record of the successful candidate. The candidate is expected to establish a sustainable research program, make significant scholarly contributions to the discipline, be an effective teacher and mentor of both undergraduate and graduate students, and engage in institutional and professional service. We seek applicants who work at the frontiers of their research areas and can complement existing research expertise within the Department, the College of Engineering, and the University. Research areas of particular interest include but are not limited to physical and chemical treatment unit processes, fate and transport of biological and chemical pollutants of emerging concerns, water and wastewater infrastructure resilience, air pollution, solid waste management, big data, and artificial intelligence with environmental applications. The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses in Environmental Engineering as well as to assist in delivering basic engineering courses. The candidate must have demonstrated potential for effective teaching, independent research, and scholarly activities. English is the language of instruction and communication in the College of Engineering. Successful candidates will have access to world-class laboratory facilities, a strong pool of graduate students, and internal research grant funding opportunities, including a startup research grant. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with Centers of Excellence, such as the National Water and Energy Center and the Emirates Center of Mobility, among others.
The start date is August 2023.
For full consideration, applications should be received by [31 March 2023].
- Teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and supervise capstone graduation projects in Environmental Engineering.
- Attract externally funded research projects and conduct original research that leads to publications in top-ranked international journals.
- Contribute to advising and mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students, including supervision of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
- Provide services to the community, society, and the university.
- Play an active role in promoting the growth of the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. Degree in Environmental Engineering from a reputable international University. The candidate's B.Sc. degree is required to be in Civil Engineering. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
Preferred qualifications include a demonstration of the following:
- track record of high-quality publications in leading international journals in Environmental Engineering,
- ability to develop independent research, secure research funds, and establish a strong network with industrial partners,
- ability to teach a variety of undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and develop new courses or course components, and
- strong communication skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Assistant/Associate Professor in Environmental Engineering.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Visit (https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp) and submit: Cover letter; CV; Research and Teaching statements; Contact info of three references
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department Civil & Environmental Eng.-(COE)
Job Close Date 31-03-2023
Job Category Academic - Faculty