Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in System Engineering, Computer Science
5 days left
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 08 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Successful candidates will join the Engineering (ENG) Cluster (one of five domain clusters in SIT), as members of a team of accomplished experts who are passionate about higher education and deeply involved with industry transformation through their applied research programmes. Faculty in the ENG Cluster undertake funded industry-relevant research, teach courses in civil, mining, electrical, mechanical, material, marine and systems engineering as well as supervise graduate industry masters and doctorate students in relevant topics. They are also provided with paid leave to undertake consultancy work with industry and/or spend time attached to work with industry.
FACULTY OPENINGS AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) aspire to be a leader in innovative learning by integrating learning, industry and community. Its mission is to nurture and develop individuals who build on their interests and talents to impact society in meaningful ways.
Our engineering degree and master programmes at SIT have been developed through extensive consultation with industry, thus creating a curriculum that supports the industry’s needs in manpower development and innovation. We look forward to appointee with industrial experience to foster applied learning in the course being delivered.
SIT focuses on working with the industry on translational research and innovation, spanning technology readiness levels (TRLs) 3-7. Unlike traditional research which is discovery-oriented, applied research projects have higher TRLs which bridge the gap between theoretical research and industry applications. SIT Engineering Cluster focused on the three key pillars of Applied Research (i) Infrastructure (Maintenance) (ii) Sustainability (Built Environment) (iii) Energy Resilience to work with the industrial sectors in Singapore as well as in the region.
For this faculty position, we are looking for appointee with the following essential and desirable skillset and competencies to support both the Sustainability (Built Environment) and Infrastructure (Maintenance) Applied Research Pillars.
- Competent in data analytics for building system and asset
- Experience on integrated digital technology such as implementing of BIM REVIT, AR/VR and other tools for retrofit of brown/green fields
- Strong Infocomms background for IoT implementation and integration and experience in digital twinning is an added advantage
- Strong IoT/programming and Specialization for MEP assets in Built- Environment
- Green Building Design from Passive to Active Systems
- Big Data Analytics, System Integrations with IoT, Data Security, Digital Twinning of Building Asset
- Have worked or lead teams in the projects involving BIM design, AR/VR (metaverse) for retrofits of brown field
- An innovator and adopter of Sustainability initiative.
- Preferred to having a PhD (in Computer or System Engineering)
- Have prior experience in teaching or supervision of undergraduate and graduate students for their projects and dissertation.
More searches like this
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Singapore
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Singapore
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore