Research Fellow (Nanoparticles-based Biosensors)
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 08 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Dec 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop biosensors for detection of microorganisms in oil tanks.
This entails three phases of development:
- Screening of DNA-aptamer with high binding affinity
- Integrating DNA-aptamer to nanoparticles
- Adaptation of biosensor to a portable microfluidic interface
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Design, build, test and optimize biosensor prototype
- Communicate research outcomes through technical reports and presentations
- Contribute actively in research group meetings
- Mentor junior research engineers and undergraduate students in similar area of research
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have strong technical expertise in nanoparticles-based biosensors and/or microfluidic chip fabrication.
- Completed PhD graduate studies with strong publication record in biosensor development.
- Able to perform real-time PCR, ELISA assay, molecular cloning, nanoparticles synthesis.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD software, such as SolidWorks, would be advantageous.