Post-doctoral Fellow in the Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited
- THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
- 08 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Temporary
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (99829)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (Ref.: 519328)
Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre Limited (“ABIC”) is collaborative effort coordinated by the University of Hong Kong (HKU) undertaking R&D projects at the Hong Kong Science Park. The aim of the Centre is to develop new and disruptive biomedical instrumentation that will meet the growing needs in medicine and contribute sustainably to human health. Applicant will work for the innovative research projects in the themes of Personalized Companion Diagnostics / Strategic Therapeutics Approaches reporting to Professor David Weitz, Mallinckrodt Professor of Physics & Applied Physics, Harvard University, and Professor Anderson Shum, Managing Director of ABIC and Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong.
We now invite applications for the captioned post(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading project prospection with collaborators and technology partners, and undertaking follow-up actions
- Providing technical solutions for ongoing R&D projects
- Translating research outcomes into real use cases and commercially viable applications
- Writing reports relevant to the projects, preparing paper publications and presentations and patent filing, as well as delivering convincing technical pitches to collaborators and partners
- Handling other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s)
- A PhD degree in Applied Biology, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Medicine, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines
- Preferably with research experience in above mentioned four themes
- With strong passion in conducting applied research of biomedical instrumentation
- Fluent in English in both writing and verbal communications; clear and concise writing skills
- Good time management with a strong sense of responsibility and research ethics
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 1-year temporary basis or 2-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and the contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 15% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave and medical benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their up-to-date C.V., quoting the job reference number, with information on current/expected remuneration and availability, to email@example.com. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until March 15, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The personal data provided in your application process will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose. The personal data may be transferred and disclosed to, and used by HKU Innovation Holdings Limited and The University of Hong Kong for the above purposes.