- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $79,717 - $89,256 + 17% superannuation
- 08 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time, continuing position
- Exciting opportunity to provide operational and technical support for the Sydney Conservatorium of Music performance programs
- Base Salary $79,717 - $89,256 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney Conservatorium of Music is seeking a Production Assistant to provide operational and technical support for their performance programs, with a focus on Music Theatre and Contemporary Music Production. This role will manage general administrative support including preparing documents, responding to complex queries, exploring matters, and sourcing solutions etc. for the work area.
The position ensures that the relevant Work, Health and Safety standards are met in the work area and are aligned to the University's WHS policy. The role requires flexible working hours with regular evening and weekend work and is responsible for providing a range of logistical, technical and professional support to ensure the smooth and safe running of rehearsals, productions and special events.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- support faculty specific event production services
- provide general administrative services and operational support
- maintain record keeping and finance/accounting support and reporting
- ensure Sydney Conservatorium of Music productions are compliant with Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- sound working knowledge of stage set ups, AV equipment and live music production
- demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work, sometimes under pressure with competing priorities and sometimes limited supervision
- good problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- good verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to apply theoretical knowledge and techniques to meet the key accountabilities
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills
- experience providing stage management support for theatre, contemporary music and events
- well-developed computer skills and financial literacy
- current drivers license.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Justyn Griffin, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.