Lecturer A/B/C, Occupational Therapy
- SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
- Coffs Harbour / Gold Coast, Australia
- $166,761 per annum
- 08 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Join a university that’s transforming tomorrow, today
- Full-time and part-time opportunities for those striving for work life balance
- Total full-time remuneration package is up to $166,761 per annum
Southern Cross University is a values-led, young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our game changing new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes, quality of life and a better way to learn.
Southern Cross University’s new 2030 strategy is founded on our people and our purpose to change lives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact. Learn more about our purpose, values and strategy by clicking here.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Faculty of Health is seeking to appoint academics in occupational therapy to deliver occupational therapy programs through student centred teaching practice drawing on their technical, clinical and industry expertise.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high standard of teaching and learning, educational design and delivery.
- Contribute to the Faculty’s research profile through publications in high quality journals, and successful applications for grant funding, independently or as a member of a team.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships within health and social care contexts, other educational, research and healthcare institutions and within the wider community.
As a Senior Lecturer, you will be expected to make a significant contribute to the occupational therapy programs and develop a research profile relevant to opportunity in occupational therapy.
To be successful, you will bring experience delivering and contributing to quality teaching across a range of modes with a focus on professional education in occupational therapy.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- A qualification relevant to the level of appointment, and a minimum of four years academic and/or professional experience. You must be registered, or eligible to obtain registration, as an Occupational Therapist with AHPRA.
- An emerging track record in scholarship as evidenced by research grants and publication output, including where possible publications in highly ranked journals.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team, to collaborate with educational, industry and research partners, and to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
In addition, as a Senior Lecturer you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in leading in Occupational Therapy teaching teams, and in design and leadership of program/course development, implementation, evaluation and preparation for accreditation.
- Supervision of honours and/or higher degree research candidates. Proven track record in scholarship, as evidenced by publication output.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
We have full-time and part-time (up to 1.3FTE) continuing positions and a part-time (0.7FTE), fixed term position for 3 years available at either our Coffs Harbour or Gold Coast campuses. Generous relocation support is available in accordance with Relocation Assistance policy.
The full-time base salary for an Associate Lecturer (Academic Level A) ranges from $71,728 - $96,574 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation.
The full-time base salary for a Lecturer (Academic Level B) ranges from $101,544 - $120,179 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation.
The full-time base salary for a Lecturer (Academic Level C) ranges from $123,900 - $142,531 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Associate Professor Michelle Bissett,
Closing Date: 9:00 am AEDT, Wednesday 8th March 2023
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.