Research Assistant (Aerodynamics of Wind Turbines)
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 08 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in wind energy technology. The research assistant should be knowledgeable of fluid mechanics and turbulent flows. It is recommended that the candidate's experience be releated to the wind turbine's flow characteristics and wake.
The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experimental and computational fluid dynamics expertise and have at least a master's degree in a relevant field. The assigned task of the RA in this project involves studying the effect of some complex terrains on the wake and performance of a wind turbine. The candidate’s duties include managing the project's day-to-day activities, conducting laboratories and numerical experiments, and publishing research findings in refereed journals.
A position is a six-month contract from a research project funded by the university research office. The contract can be renewed based on the performance, budget, and publications.
The salary will be about 4000—7000 AED, based on the qualifications. Health insurance will be covered.
- M.Sc. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a relevant field
- Experimental experience in the field of turbulent flow measurements
- Experience in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Good technical and writing skills.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a relevant field
- Good experience in a CAD software
- Experimental experience in the field of turbulent flow measurements in the wake of wind turbine
- Numerical Experience in flow simulation of the wake of the wind turbine.
- Good publications record in the field of wind turbines.
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 22-03-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant