Senior Business Analyst
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $129,847 + 17% superannuation
- 07 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Planning
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Multiple roles: Full-time, 3 year fixed-term opportunities for experienced Senior Business Analysts to identify business needs/opportunities and to provide solutions
- Support the delivery of the University's 2032 Strategy (not catered to technology only)
- Base Salary $129,847 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting development within our Central Program Management Office (Central PMO), striving to achieve an integrated service offering aligned with the university's ambitious 2032 Strategy.
The Strategy outlines the vision for the next decade and is based around what the University wants to be known for in 2032. When people speak about the University of Sydney in 10 years' time, we want it to be about the extraordinary power our world-class research and teaching has to transform people's lives - and for the pride it generates throughout our city, our state and our nation.
The Central PMO will play a key role in the design, implementation and delivery of the programs and projects that will help deliver the Strategy's key outcomes. As a result, we are seeking experienced and consultative Senior Business Analysts to undertake systems and process improvements using where appropriate an agile and iterative delivery approach and/or Lean six sigma.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop an approach, plan and design the processes to understand the gaps and propose/implement a solution in line with business expectations and best practices
- undertake needs analysis, gather business requirements, data mapping and prepare solution design
- influence senior-level thinking and stakeholders at all levels as well as support Project Managers and/or business owners in meeting delivery timeframes
- work closely with clients and the business to identify business process issues, improvement opportunities and potential solutions
- contribute to ongoing process standardisation, unification and optimization
- facilitate workshops with business SMEs and stakeholders to map processes accordingly and to provide insightful recommendations.
- work in different business environments and multiple initiatives in parallel that could vary significantly in systems, processes, people and technology.
- extensive experience in a Senior Business Analyst capacity within a large and multi-faceted organisation
- significant and varied business analysis experience within a program management office and/or supporting numerous concurrent programs and projects spanning multiple, complex work streams
- Lean Six Sigma experience (highly desirable)
- technical capability in BPMN process mapping skills and advanced experience using Visio, Jira and Sharepoint
- flexibility in their organisation and planning skills in order to balance competing agendas and demands in a fast-paced, time-pressured environment
- outstanding presentation, communication and influencing skills to deliver messages on a variety of channels to varied audiences
- proven facilitation skills in running workshops with diverse groups including vendors, technical personnel and end-users
- enhanced stakeholder management skills and the ability to build trusted client relationships with tact and professionalism at the senior level
- an agile and flexible approach that is able to pivot and contribute to overall team success.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Previous applicants need not re-apply
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Nayomi Siriwardane, Recruitment Operations on (02) 8627-9740 or by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 20 February 2023 11:59 PM