AV Senior Technician
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $100,032 + 17% superannuation
- 07 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time continuing position available
- Leverage your expert Audio Visual knowledge towards the ongoing development of the AV support team
- Base Salary $100,032 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney's ICT Service Management team are looking for an AV Senior Technician. This role will be responsible for the development and ongoing upkeep of technical and customer support capabilities across the AV support team through the delivery of effective training programs and knowledge management.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop and deliver training programs to ensure Av technician staff continually develop necessary skills
- provide technical advice, guidance and direction to AV team members, acting as a point of escalation
- liaise with the Client Design and Standards team to ensure all AV technician staff are upskilled to utilise the latest systems being used
- grow and maintain a formal knowledge base for the wider AV support team
- ensure effective and efficient onboarding of new AV technician staff.
- has relevant tertiary education qualifications
- has prior experience planning and delivering training and knowledge to teams
- has extensive experience with audio visual technology
- demonstrated experience acting in a leadership or supervisory role and providing guidance to staff
- has excellent stakeholder management skills, able to effectively communicate with stakeholders across all levels.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sana Goswami Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 14 February 2023 11:59 PM