AV Event Support Coordinator
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $100,032 + 17% superannuation
- 07 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 2x Full time continuing positions available
- Apply your knowledge of AV technology to assist with coordination of AV support services for events within the University of Sydney
- Base Salary $100,032 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney's ICT Service Management team is looking for an AV Event Support Coordinator. This role will be responsible for effectively and efficiently coordinating all aspects related to the technical support of university hosted events such as being in direct contact with university customers, liaising with third party external companies and managing the charging of customers for services provided.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage day-to-day event support operations, including coordinating event support activities, logistics and work allocations across the team
- organise staffing and equipment resources for events ensuring each event has the appropriate support
- organise the logistics of events such as the use of vehicles to transport equipment
- calculate and provide cost estimations to customers and post-event customer charging through University Finance
- act as a first point of contact for stakeholders holding events and for AV technicians.
- tertiary qualifications within a relevant field
- has prior experience and expert understanding of AV support
- has prior experience of AV technology within an Events production area
- able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to support the needs of event customers
- has excellent stakeholder management and customer service skills, establishing relationships with various teams to collaborate and provide event support services across the University.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sana Goswami Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 14 February 2023 11:59 PM