Research Assistant Professor, Advanced Materials Laboratory
- Shenzhen, China
- 07 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Dec 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Lecturers / Assistant Professors, Research Related, Research Assistants / Officers
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Advanced Materials Lab is led by Prof. Shiping Zhu, who is a Fellow of Royal Society of Canada (FRSC) and Fellow of Canadian Academy of Engineering (FCAE). There are two major research directions in our lab: smart materials and composite materials. Smart materials focus on materials that are responsive to outside stimulus, and can transform one type of energy to another. Composite materials focus on the hybridization of different materials with synergistic effect for energy and environmental applications.
Research Assistant Professor
Applicants should have:
- PhD degree related to chemistry, chemical engineering, materials, and any related major. Research experience in polymer and MOF materials is preferred.
- At least two years oversea postdoctoral research experience (negotiable if the candidate is outstanding).
- Organizing capability in research, good communication skills in oral/written English and Chinese, and capability to assist in leading a small research team to conduct frontier academic research.
- Good potential in classroom teaching, with the ability to present academic opinions clearly in English.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Salary will be comparable to international standards, commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK(SZ), and employee benefits will be provided according to the relevant labor laws of Mainland China as well as CUHK(SZ) regulations.
Please prepare for CV in English, and two referees ‘contact information, and send to Prof. Zhang (email@example.com) and Prof. Zhu (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Applications will be considered until December 31, 2023.