Open Rank Faculty Position in Psychology
- Shenzhen, China
- 07 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Psychology
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The School of Humanities and Social Science invites applications and nominations for:
Open Rank Faculty Position in Psychology (Ref. AC2023/026/01)
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in a relevant area of psychology. Applications are invited for faculty position at the rank of full professor/associate professor level with prospect for tenure, although junior candidate with very competitive academic records may be considered for position of assistant professor. Priorities will be given to assistant professor candidates with expertise in Clinical, Counselling, or School Psychology.
- Candidate for full professor or associate professor position is expected to have solid evidence of excellence in teaching/research/service, and a strong track record of sustained high-quality research/scholarship outcomes in the expertise area(s), as evidenced by research publications in competitive international outlets (e.g., SSCI- or SCI-indexed journals) in the relevant areas of psychology. In addition, candidate need to demonstrate academic leadership and strong commitment to the highest standard of excellence. Candidate is advised to provide quality indicators for the journals where he/she have research publications (e.g., journal impact factor, journal ranking in a relevant category, as available in the Journal Citations Reports of the Web of Science).
The appointee is expected to be able to teach a range of courses in core areas of psychology. Experience in supervising postgraduate students will be favorably considered.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in a relevant area of psychology, proven record of teaching excellence and professional experience in psychological service provision. Priorities will be given to candidates with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or Psychology of Management.
The appointee will be responsible for teaching courses as prescribed in the programme curricular, developing cooperative relations with psychology industries and assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
The appointee is expected to commence work in AY2022-23. A Ph.D. must be in hand prior to taking up the appointment.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. Successful applicants can also apply for additional benefits through high-talent schemes at the Guangdong provincial level, the Shenzhen city level, and the Longgang district level.
Applicants should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and considered until the post is filled.
About The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world-class research university with strong international orientation. It is committed to nurturing high-end talents with a global perspective, Chinese cultural tradition and social responsibility.