Open Rank Faculty Position in Global Studies
- Shenzhen, China
- 07 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics, Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The School of Humanities and Social Science invites applications and nominations for:
Open Rank Faculty Position in Global Studies (Ref. AC2023/023/01)
- A Ph.D. degree in international relations (international security, international political economy, and global governance preferred or related areas). Applications are invited for faculty position at the rank of full professor level with prospect for tenure, subject to the qualifications and successful performance evaluation. Candidates are expected to have a proven record in high-quality teaching and research in the expertise areas. Priorities will be given to candidate with management experience and skills in program planning, curriculum development and student supervision, and a proven record of research publications in competitive international outlets.
Assistant Professor or Lecturer in International Political Economy
- A Ph.D. degree in political science, economics, and related subjects from an internationally prestigious university, and should be able to teach graduate courses such as foundations of international political economy, international trade, international economics and business, international finance and monetary system, multinational corporations in international economics and so on.
- Applicant for assistant professor position should have a proven record of teaching excellence and high-quality publications. Lecturer should demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strongly commit to continuously improve the teaching and conduct high-quality research.
The appointee is expected to commence work in academic year 2022-2023. A Ph.D. must be in hand prior to taking up the appointment.
Appointment will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially, leading to longer-term appointment or tenure later, subject to successful performance evaluation and mutual agreement. In cases where a candidate has an established record of excellence and demonstrable potential for continued success, tenure may be offered to the candidate at the time of initial appointment.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. Successful applicants can also apply for additional benefits through high-talent schemes at the Guangdong provincial level, the Shenzhen city level, and the Longgang district level.
Applicants should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and considered until the post is filled.
About The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world-class research university with strong international orientation. It is committed to nurturing high-end talents with a global perspective, Chinese cultural tradition and social responsibility.