Lecturer / Associate Professor in Pharmacology
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £40,931 to £67,060 Per annum
- 07 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £40,931 to £67,060 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 13 February 2023
Interview Date: See advert
Join our exciting new expansion of biosciences!
You will be passionate about research and education, get satisfaction from making a positive difference in the world and want to work in a diverse workplace at a world-leading University (top 100 QS World ranking). You may be taking the first steps in your independent academic career or the next step up. You will join our School which excels in research (9th in the UK for impact, REF2021) and education (ranked consistently in the top two of Russell Group Universities, student satisfaction). Your interests will synergise or add a new dimension to ours that span microbiology, virology, glycobiology, structural biology, neuroscience, developmental biology, ecology, evolution, plants and food security with a growing portfolio in complex data analytics.
We are particularly interested in strengthening research and enterprise within the remit of the BBSRC. We promote interdisciplinarity through the Institute for Life Sciences. We host the National Biofilms Innovation Centre, and the BBSRC SoCoBio DTP.
We are looking for Lecturer/Associate Professor in the following areas:
- Microbiology You will join our thriving research in microbial systems, from the microbiome in agriculture to the role of our own microbiome in immunology and mental health. We are especially interested in research questions related to biofilms.
- Ecology You may have interests in land-use change, food systems, and/or sustainability, using spatial modelling, field experiments, and/or molecular techniques, but we welcome applications in all areas of ecology.
- Pharmacology You will bring pharmacological expertise that dovetails with our interests e.g., infection biology, virology, neuroscience, toxicology and cell biology. We are especially interested in candidates using pharmacogenetic/computational/modelling approaches.
These post descriptors are not comprehensive- if you are unsure if you fit, you are welcome to enquire through the contact below.
You will have a doctorate in a relevant discipline, an ability to enhance our education and to obtain peer-reviewed funding and evidence of distinction in research through publications.
We are proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, to hold an institutional and departmental Athena SWAN silver award and to have been awarded the Race Equality Charter Bronze Award 2022. Due consideration will be given to applicants who have had career breaks. If you would like to find out more about our practical support for inclusion our Chair Equality Diversity and Inclusion Group, Dr Judith Lock, would be pleased to help you email@example.com.
Interviews will take place March 13th - April 17th in person in Southampton. Southampton is well connected – just over one hour from central London and with its own international airport. Find out more about the University and region here.
Enquires to Head of School, Professor Lindy Holden-Dye are warmly encouraged, firstname.lastname@example.org 44(0)2380599006.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. Please include details of three referees, a 500 word research plan, your full CV and publication list. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please contact Michelle (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750 or email email@example.com Please quote reference 2091322BJ on all correspondence.