Research Fellow (Aerosol and Air Quality Sciences / Pythons)
The job holder is to work with PI to conduct research characterizing airborne pollutants for on-going research projects. The responsibility includes planning and conduct experiments, data analyses, progress reporting, report writing, etc. Being an all-rounded team player with strong initiative and ownership of the research project are needed. Applicants who are fast learners with strong record in quality scientific publications, professional research communication (both verbal and writing) will receive more favorable consideration.
- PhD-degree holder
- Applying Pythons to chemical reaction model simulation of ambient chemical reactions. Applicants have to demonstrate sufficient experiences in Python functions of matplotlib, and numPy. Specify as much as possible the experiences in others modules of Python such as pandas, statsmodels etc.
- Modeling chemical reactions of airborne pollutants through implicit modules.
- Experiences of managing, coordinating and achieving project deliverables, including planning, conducting & coordinating experiments, data analyses, progress reporting & presentation, reporting writing, etc.
- Fast learner capable of conducting independent research and rigorous literature search, review & summary
- Productive in quality scientific research publications
- Proven skill as a rounded and effective team player
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute