Post Doctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 06 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to be involved in conducting research in the ADAM (Advanced Digital and Additive Manufacturing) research center at Khalifa University. Responsibilities will include carrying out computational modelling, based on the finite element method, of the laser powder bed-fusion (LPBF) additive manufacturing process related to austenitic stainless steel AISI 316, shape memory alloys (SMA). The computational modeling efforts will be a multi-physics and multi-scale modeling approach such that metallurgical phases and microstructure of the part can be predicted within a the thermo-mechanical modeling framework. Hence, the computational model results should be linked with the physical metallurgical phase changes in order to predict the phase transformations during the additive manufacturing SLM process. Experimental validation and microstructural characterization will also be part of the projec
- PhD from a reputable university in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time