Lecturer in Law
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £38,592 - £53,353 per annum
- 06 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Law at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate(s) to the post of Lecturer in Law. The successful applicant will undertake research which complements the research strategy of the School of Law. You will be required to teach at undergraduate level on at least one of the following: Contract, Land Law, Tort, Equity or Criminal Law and to teach at postgraduate level and supervise at doctoral level as required.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A degree in Law (2.1 or above).
- Obtained or be about to obtain a PhD in Law or cognate discipline.
- A publication record commensurate with stage of career, demonstrating ability to publish at internationally-excellent level in peer reviewed journals and/or with relevant publishers, with clear potential to make a strong contribution to the School’s performance in REF.
- Research interests that are sustainable and which complement the research strategy of the School of Law.
- Demonstrate an awareness of appropriate external research income opportunities to support research.
- Demonstrate an awareness of how to engage external stakeholders with research and significance of impact agenda.
- Relevant teaching experience in a law school context, commensurate with stage in career.
- Ability to contribute to the teaching of at least one of the following: Contract, Land Law, Tort and Equity.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
Please note there are two positions available:
- 1x full-time permanent
- 1x full-time fixed term for 5 years
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Prof Kathryn McNeilly at email@example.com.
Attractive reward package
About the School
Further information for international applicants