Senior Lecturer in Commercial Law
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £54,949 - £63,673 per annum
- 06 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The School of Law at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Senior Lecturer in Commercial Law.
The successful applicant will undertake research and provide research leadership in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to contribute to the School’s administration/leadership activity, particularly in the area of Commercial Law broadly conceived including, but not limited to, banking and finance law; corporate law including corporate finance; international sale of goods; private international law and arbitration.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A first degree in Law or another qualification which includes subjects that equate to the Foundations of Legal Knowledge.
- A PhD in Law or other relevant subject.
- Sustained publication record commensurate with stage of career of at least international excellence in peer reviewed journals and with leading publishers in the area of Commercial Law broadly conceived.
- Record of securing external research funding as appropriate to subject area and/or demonstrable ability to secure the same.
- Sustained record of dissemination, commensurate with stage of career, nationally and internationally.
- Substantial experience of teaching and assessment at undergraduate and postgraduate level in Commercial Law broadly conceived such as, but not limited to, banking and finance law; corporate law including corporate finance; international sale of goods; private international law and arbitration.
- Ability to contribute to the School’s LLMs particularly the LLM in International Commercial and Business Law.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Kathryn McNeilly at email@example.com
Attractive Reward Package
About the School
Further information for international applicants