- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £29,619 per annum
- 06 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Assistant.
The successful candidate will provide scientific support to the OXISMART project (HEA North-South Collaborative Research Programme). This project is developing the next generation of real-time radiation dose-imaging and oxygen measurements for radiotherapy. The postholder will work in close collaboration with physics, clinical and radiographic staff at the Northern Ireland Cancer Centre and radiation biologists in the Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research (PGJCCR), Queen’s University Belfast and will communicate research results orally and in writing to own and other professions.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A minimum of a 1st class Honours degree, or equivalent, in Physics or other appropriate science subject from a UK or equivalent university
- A 2nd class Honours degree with MSc in Physics or other appropriate science subject from a UK or equivalent university.
- 1-2 year’s relevant research experience. This will include 1 year’s research experience in an area of physics related to radiation science or in area requiring advanced computational skills.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This post is fixed term for 16 months, or until 31 August 2024, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Stephen McMahon at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Centre
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants