Research Fellow / Engineer (Geospatial Data)
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 03 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics, Social Sciences, Geography
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop a mobile app for visualising geospatial data.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Implement code for improved cartographic algorithms and thematic map designs.
- Design human-subject experiments that test how the implemented map designs are used on electronic devices.
- Obtain approval for conducting experiments from the Institutional Review Board.
- Perform statistical analysis and report the results in the format of journal articles and conference contributions.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of mobile app development.
- Have a Ph.D. degree in computer science, statistics, geography or a closely related field from a regionally or internationally accredited institutions.
- Knowledge of experimental design and computational geometry will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of C++ and R is desirable.