Technical Officer in Data and Digital Technologies
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD)
- Dublin, Leinster (IE)
- £38066.38 - £50304.87 per annum
- 03 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for a Specified purpose post (estimated up until 31st March 2025) of a Technical Officer in Data and Digital Technologies within UCD School of Biosystems and Food Engineering.
The appointee will work with faculty who direct cutting-edge research programmes and teach a range of modules to undergraduate and post graduate students. The successful applicant will support parts of the teaching programme, manage a range of data acquisition and digital technology field and laboratory equipment, and provide technical support to postgraduate research projects.
- Provision of Digital Agriculture laboratory-based technical support for practical classes and for postgraduate and other research projects;
- Procurement, management and maintenance of field and laboratory equipment and technical systems (e.g., sensors, IoT, networks, servers) and ensuring adherence to good practice;
- Day-to-day management of the digital resources in laboratories including purchasing of laboratory consumables, pieces of equipment and liaising with school technical staff, the school manager and principal Investigators;
- Other relevant duties in the support of the School, as may arise from time to time
95 Technical Officer Salary scale: 42,127 - 55,671 per annum
Appointment will be made on scale and in accordance with the Department of Finance guidelines
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 17th February 2023.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications. UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the Work at UCD website: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/