Senior Lecturer, Management
- RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne CBD
- 69876.76 - 80575.01 per annum
- 03 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 2x Full-time, Continuing positions
- Salary Academic Level C
- 17% Superannuation contribution
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About the Role
The Senior Lecturer will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School of Management within the College of Business and Law. The incumbent is to make a significant contribution to the delivery of programs and to be actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities. The Senior Lecturer will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the University's research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs.
The Senior Lecturer will have an important research leadership role in embedding their research expertise into the life of the School and will be required to develop high-quality, productivity-driven networks across RMIT and with local, national and global, internal and external partners. The Senior Lecturer may have responsibility for program management.
To be successful in these positions, you'll have:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large courses and prepare and delivery programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including high quality curriculum and program materials and ability to implement innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement.
- Ability to manage a large program or a number of small programs.
- Demonstrated ability to support student issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort and manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage academic program team, supporting scholarly development of less experienced academic staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a university.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in relevant field.
About the School of Management (within College of Business and Law)
The School of Management has a strengthening research reputation, with quality research outputs and capabilities across diverse research areas in Management, Entrepreneurship & Global Business and Human Resources Management & Industrial Relations. We have three formal school research groups - Diversity-Accelerated Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Sustainable Global Business Operations and Development; Health and Wellbeing at Work, as well as expertise in other areas.
The School currently offers undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs known for their practicality, industry relevance and flexible delivery in the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management/People and Organisation/People Analytics
- International Business/Global Business
- Management and Change
In 2022 the College introduced a new Bachelor of Business program, with cross-disciplinary minors and majors in business and technology, social impact, managing global teams, and open innovation.
Click here for more information about the School.
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Kassie McKnight (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor) via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Fuming Jiang (Head of the Department of Management, International Business and Entrepreneurship) on email@example.com
PD - Senior Lecturer, Management
Applications close on Sunday, 5th March at 11.59pm.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Inclusion. Imagination. Integrity. Courage. Passion. Impact.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.