Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Civil Infrastructure
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 03 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in engineering, science, and medicine, and to be a catalyst toward Abu Dhabi’s vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Petroleum Institutes.
About the Department
The Department of Civil Infrastructure & Environment Engineering, an academic unit within the College of Engineering at Khalifa University is dedicated to the advancement of learning and knowledge through teaching, research, and service and outreach activities. For more details, visit: https://www.ku.ac.ae/academics/college-of-engineering/department/department-of-civil-infrastructure-and-environmental-engineering#about
The Department invites applications for multiple open-rank faculty positions outlined above. The candidates are expected to have teaching experience to support Khalifa’s commitment to excellence in undergraduate education, a strong research potential demonstrated by relevant publications and citations in high-impact journals, and possess excellent communication skills. Successful candidates are expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, establish and maintain active research programs that lead to high-impact publications, and provide service to the department, the university, and the profession. Successful candidates are also expected to be involved in thematic research within one or more of the university research priority areas.
Open Rank-Multiple Faculty Positions in Construction Engineering & Management, Material Engineering, Transportation & Urban Planning-Design, and Water Resources Engineering.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate from an accredited institution is required in the related discipline.
- Preference will be given to candidates with education from and/or previous service in pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Previous relevant professional practical experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with advanced concepts and tools of AI, GIS, data science/analytics, machine learning, and computer modeling are of particular interest.
- Successful candidates are expected to seek internal and external funding, engage with local and international stakeholders, and support service & outreach activities.
- Consideration for applications is immediate until the positions are filled.
The application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, and three references' names and contact information. For full consideration, applications should be submitted by March 15, 2023.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time
More searches like this
- Civil Engineering Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Civil Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Civil Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Civil Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates