Client Service Officer (Australia Awards Scholarships)
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- 03 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
About Flinders International
The Portfolio of the Vice-President & Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) has refreshed its structure to deliver future needs including strategic leadership to further enhance performance, strengthen capacity, whilst setting an ambitious strategy for 2023 and beyond! The Flinders International team lead the University’s international strategy in collaboration with the Senior Executive Team, Colleges, and Portfolios to ensure that internationalisation is integrated into the core university activities of teaching, research, and engagement. Comprised of three teams: International Recruitment, International Partnerships, and International Student Services. We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people. If you are a hardworking, dedicated professional, with a passion for students and global education - we want to hear from you!! If you can see yourself contributing to the ambitious agenda of Flinders International in a friendly, collegial, fun, and vibrant workplace - come join us!
About the Role
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) provides program support and customer focused service to ensure that the University fulfils its service standards and obligations to international students studying at Flinders University. The role has a particular emphasis on ensuring the University fulfils its contractual obligations with the Commonwealth Government or managing contractors by administering the AAS.
The position is a part of a broader Client Services function that plays a key role in providing front-line client services to international students in facilitating the effective integration of commencing and continuing international students and their families into the Flinders University and wider community
With your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, you will maintain strong relationships with diverse staff, students, and industry stakeholders in a cross-cultural environment. You will be passionate and committed to delivering a positive client experience by demonstrating an understanding of other cultures, and effectively dealing with complex and sensitive matters on behalf of international students. Your computing and administrative skills shown through your data entry, and word processing, will be complemented by your commitment to detail, efficiency, and accuracy. You will also be a critical thinker who is able to present and interpret data and information, including complex academic policies and procedures.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- An up to date COVID-19 vaccination may be required as a condition of employment, in accordance with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (2022). If required, any offer of employment will be subject to the successful candidate presenting their COVID-19 Digital Certificate as evidence of vaccination or showing evidence of a valid medical exemption, where relevant.
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Jose Paulino
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted
Applications to be submitted before 11.59pm:
12 Feb 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.