Director, Digital Channels and Strategy
- FEDERATION UNIVERSITY AUSTRALIA
- Ballarat / Berwick, Australia
- Attractive Remuneration + up to 17% super
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At Federation University we transform lives and enhance communities
- Define and drive the future of the student digital experience function
- Attractive Remuneration + up to 17% super > 36.75 hour working work>additional paid leave days
- Mt Helen or Berwick Campus with flexible WFH
A great opportunity
The Director will define and drive the future of the student digital experience function at Federation University by leading the best practice management and delivery of digital channels to connect our diverse audiences. The Director is responsible for overall channel strategy, capability uplift and performance by creating high impact experiences ensuring efficiency, consistency and alignment to brand and strategy across our digital platforms.
The Director will lead and manage a digital design team who have a UX lens and work collaborative with stakeholders from the University to deliver products and services focused on delivering an exceptional digital experience for students, driving engagement, acquisition and retention.
The Director will be responsible for defining the digital road map and day-to-day management of the digital product eco-system that enhances our Digital product offerings, resulting in increased engagement and functionality for our future and existing students and to support the digitisation of the student experience.
The university is currently undertaking a huge transformation agenda across all aspects of the student journey. This role will work closely as the business owner with the Program Director Student Experience transformation.
What you will deliver
- A student experience that is transformational and future focused, that translates student and customer motivations and needs into improvements to the organisation’s service using human centered design tools and techniques
- Design operational objectives and priorities for the student experience digital experience in accordance with university imperatives and Strategic Plans.
- Cost effective, quality student digital products, cost effective student experiences and MarTech, ensuring Federation delivers on its strategic plan 2021 – 2025.
- Develop, implement and communicate a vision and road map to the VCST (Vice-Chancellor Senior Leadership Team), Council and other key stakeholders and pivot accordingly with agile project methodology.
- Digital transformation roadmap for multiple features while clearly articulating student needs, pain points or opportunities, impact and desired outcomes.
What you need to succeed
- Exceptional data & digital experience including an in-depth knowledge of technology (Adtech and Platforms), digital channels, personalisation and proven record of a successful delivery of digital transformation.
- Demonstrated experience and proven capability in implementing a successful digital experience of equivalent size and complexity.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing digital solutions to solve business problems in a complex environment, including formal UX training/development and/or business website ownership or related experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the data layer, web and mobile technologies and standards, including extensive experience in UX and innovation across mobile based environments, designing complex solutions and extensive demonstrated experience in Human Centred Design
- Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to consult with, negotiate and influence a wide range of key stakeholders
- Extensive experience leading and managing agile teams in a Scaled Agile environment.
- Be highly technology and business-oriented to ensure the effective development and implementation of internal and external projects, delivered on-time and on-budget.
What we promise to provide
- Attractive remuneration and up to 17% superannuation
- 20 days annual leave per year, plus 4 bonus days per year.
- Leave loading or exchange for additional leave days
- 14 weeks of Paid Parental Leave and 12 weeks paid return to work bonus
- Additional personal leave in excess of statutory requirements
- Up to 3 paid pupil free days
- Hybrid work environment
- Formal performance review and development program including a professional development catalogue
- Childcare on campus (Mt Helen and Gippsland)
- Recognition programs
- Access to a variety of wellbeing programs
- UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen
- Strong diversity, inclusion, wellbeing and corporate responsibility priorities
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday 19 February 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and cover letter
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
Further information you may find useful
Diversity & Inclusion
We value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy.
Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What do our employees think about working at Federation University
Hear from our employees directly - let our staff tell you more.
Federation University Values in Action
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter
Listen to our employees talk about how the University values are displayed in everyday interactions. https://youtu.be/KlDn5RKKMmU