- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- £40,386 – 47,414 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
This is an exciting opportunity to join the King’s Residence team and manage a busy student residence property in the center of London.
The role is varied and fast-paced and incorporates some of the following key duties:
• To Deliver and monitor the residence services to students and guests.
• Recruit, train and coach the front office team to ensure that excellent standards of hospitality are adhered to at all times.
• To Support the delivery of summer business, working closely with King’s Venues
• To Work closely with other residential functions to provide continuity of service delivery.
• Work as an effective member within the residences team and provide a highly professional and efficient service to all residents and external parties.
• Supervise all activities within residences to ensure service delivery is within the students’ expectations.
• Effectively monitor Health & Safety and liaise with the Maintenance and Cleaning and security teams and their associated contractors to ensure services are delivered as agreed.
This post will be offered on an Fixed Term Contract
This is a full-time & part-time post – 100% full time equivalent
• Manage the residence operation, including office and reception duties, handling complaints, arranging works with Hard services/cleaning and contractors.
• To be the sites Health & Safety lead, ensuring the building is a safe place for staff to work and students to live by driving site improvements and carrying out/regularly updating site risk assessments
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
E ssential criteria
1. Educated to degree level and/or relevant experience
2. Knowledge of the Higher Education and a role in a similar position
3. Ability to plan, implement and evaluate activities designed to meet the needs of young adults
4. People/Property/building management
5. Ability to use own initiative, generate new ideas and creating projects from inception to delivery
6. Experience in a supervisory role in a hotel, university halls or youth hostel, including H&S management Ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships
7. IT systems literate,
8. Knowledge of current events and issues affecting young adults and students
9. Creativity and a passion to make a positive impact upon or resident community
10. Drive, resilience and attention to detail.
1. Digital marketing and communication experience
2. Presentation, facilitator experience