- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- $105,043.00 – $124,301.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- We are looking for an enthusiastic early career researcher to join our faculty and the Centre for Business Data Analytics at The University of Western Australia
- Full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 5 years
- Base salary range: Level B $105,043.00 – $124,301.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The UWA Business School is ranked in the Top 3 Best Business Schools in Australia and #1 in Western Australia (AFR BOSS Best Business Schools 2022). In its unique position on the West Coast of Australia, facing the Indo-Pacific, the School aims to extend its education mission to the broader region offering world class education and leading international research that is relevant to the challenges of today and the future. The UWA Business School has around 100 academic staff and 5,000 students and teaches both undergraduate, postgraduate masters, MBA and PhD courses. It is accredited by both the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is a signatory to UNPRME.
Management and Organisations in the Business School offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, as well as research-based doctoral degrees. The students rank amongst the brightest in Australia, as measured by Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR). The Department is particularly interested in hiring individuals who are enthusiastic about teaching and, equally importantly, have a well-developed research agenda with the aim of publishing in high-quality refereed academic journals.
About the opportunity
You, as the successful appointee, will be responsible to the Head of Department and will be expected to make outstanding contributions to teaching, research and service within the School, in accordance with university rules, the code of conduct and the universities education and academic mission.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A relevant PhD qualification.
- Demonstrated academic experience in a relevant field (management sciences, data analytics, supply chains, information systems).
- Demonstrate a strong research track record displaying ability to undertake research and publish in high-quality international peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrate willingness to obtain research funding.
- Show evidence of a willingness to direct and supervise honours and postgraduate research students.
- Provide evidence of commitment to high-quality teaching including the development of curriculum and initiatives in effective learning.
- Demonstrated experience in service activities such as school policy development and other administrative matters.
- Demonstrate or show a commitment to engagement with the community, professional bodies and relevant industry bodies.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description Lecturer (Analytics) 513663.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Friday 3rd March 2022
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact A/Prof Doina Olaru, the Head of Department of Management and Organisations on (08) 6488 3908 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.