Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Urban Planning and Design
- THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy, Social Sciences, Geography
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Urban Planning and Design (01300)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow, Research Staff
Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Urban Planning and Design (Ref. 519248).
Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee will pursue both theoretical and empirical investigations into the areas of urban data analytics, urban systems modelling and policy simulations. He/She is expected to possess a strong technical background in at least one of these areas:
- Urban sensing and big data analytics, with experiences in dealing with mobile phone data, taxi GPS data and ride-hailing platform data;
- Artificial intelligence in urban planning and design, including deep learning applications and human–computer interactive tools; and
- Land-use/transport simulations and optimisations, including model development (e.g. spatial interaction and agent-based models) and short-/long-term forecasting.
The appointee will join and contribute to the newly established HKU Urban Systems Institute. To forge a technology–policy nexus, the appointee is expected to assist in developing a modelling framework for deciphering and predicting urban systems evolution with regards to population and economic activities in the twin cities of Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Preference will be given to those with experience in writing research grants and proficiency in both English and Chinese. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview. Enquires about the post can be sent to Dr Tianren Yang (e-mail: email@example.com).
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree in urban computational modelling, urban data science, spatial analysis, statistical physics, urban economics, complex systems, urban planning, geography, or other related fields. He/She should have a track record in publishing in high-ranked journals and working in an interdisciplinary team.
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible for one year, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. At current rates, salaries tax does not exceed 15% of gross income.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date CV, a cover letter/statement of interest and a representative publication. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until March 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency