Lecturers, Exercise Physiology
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australiaa
- $113,184- $134,403 (pro rata)+ 17% superannuation
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Life sciences, Sport Science
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
- Part time, level B fixed term (0.6 FTE) until 31 December 2025 at Camperdown
- Seeking a Lecturer in Exercise Physiology to join The School of Health Sciences
- Base Salary $113,184- $134,403 (pro rata)+ 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney School of Health Sciences are seeking an academic who is passionate about improving health outcomes and health equity in the local, national and global communities through Clinical Exercise Physiology.
A Lecturer (Education Focused) or Lecturer (Clinical Education) is expected to make a significant contribution to teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within their Academic School. They are committed to teaching and is a team player ready to contribute across the broad field of academic activities. The position offers opportunities to develop and contribute to research and teaching in Exercise Physiology as part of a multi-disciplinary team at the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to outstanding educational design, delivery, evaluation and outcomes
- undertake independent teaching in discipline, area of expertise or related area
- evaluate teaching and learning - both at a program level and in relation to own practice - and apply learnings to improve practice and outcomes
- apply clinical knowledge and expertise to innovate teaching and learning
- contribute to the education and administrative activities of the School
- contribute to a positive workplace culture within the School
- contribute to the strategic direction of the University
- engage beyond the University (clinical and or industry partners)
- work as an effective team member and, as required, coordinate units of study.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer (Education Focused) or Clinical Educator who has:
- an allied health professional qualification or equivalent
- for the Lecturer (Education Focused) a PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline or for the Lecturer (Clinical Education) a relevant postgraduate degree
- current registration with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA) as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
- significant experience working in a clinical setting as an AEP and proven ability to apply expertise and knowledge to inform pedagogical practice (usually more than 3 years post accredited primary healthcare qualification)
- experience in teaching and learning in a tertiary environment, as evidenced by student coaching and skills development
- demonstrated success in designing implementing and evaluating teaching and learning initiatives with a clinical focus
- a network of relationships with key academic, clinical and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders
- experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter addressing the criteria in the About you section, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cecilia Blamey, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the job requisition number in all correspondence.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Saturday 11 February 2023 11:59 PM