Associate Lecturer (Education Focused), Exercise Science
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $79,784- $107,516 + 17% superannuation
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Life sciences, Sport Science, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
- Part time, Level A fixed term (0.2 FTE) until 31 December 2023 at Camperdown
- Seeking an Associate Lecturer in Exercise Science to join the School of Health Sciences
- Base Salary $79,784- $107,516 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney School of Health Sciences are seeking two academics who are passionate about improving health outcomes and health equity in the local, national and global communities through Exercise Science.
An Associate Lecturer (Education Focused) is expected to assist teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within their Academic School. They are committed to teaching and is a team player ready to contribute across the broad field of academic activities. The position offers opportunities to develop and contribute to research and teaching in Exercise and Sport Science as part of a multi-disciplinary team at the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to outstanding educational design, delivery, evaluation and outcomes
- undertake independent teaching in discipline, area of expertise or related area
- contribute to the education and administrative activities of the School
- contribute to a positive workplace culture within the School
- contribute to the strategic direction of the University
- engage beyond the University (clinical and or industry partners)
- work as an effective team member and, as required, coordinate units of study.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Associate Lecturer who has:
- A relevant graduate-level qualification or equivalent
- experience in teaching and learning in a tertiary environment, as evidenced by student coaching and skills development
- relevant experience and expertise in biomechanics, motor control/motor learning or exercise physiology
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter addressing the criteria in the About you section, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cecilia Blamey, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com.
Please include the job requisition number in all correspondence.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Saturday 11 February 2023 11:59 PM