Visiting Professor (SSHSPH)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Visiting Appointments Scheme is a scheme that enables academic staff to be invited to share professional expertise in key areas identified as important by NUS. Visiting appointments must be highly selective as such appointments to visit NUS should be seen as recognition of the appointee’s status and professional standing and should make a substantial impact on the University’s academic and research profile.
Visiting staff will normally engage in research and teaching activities and/or be involved in the review of specific programs which are of importance to NUS.
Required qualifications are:
- an earned doctoral degree in a relevant discipline
- a strong track record of publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- ability to contribute to courses relevant to health technology assessment and public health
Main responsibilities include:-
To foster greater collaboration between SDGHI and NUS Public Health via:
- Development of an Asia-relevant global health course jointly taught by faculty members of both institutions within a year
- Development of an academic global health programme that will be competitive for international funding and impact delivery within 2 years, with lead and co-investigators from both institutions
- To contribute to global and public health specialty teaching at both SDGHI and NUS Public Health
- To mentor at least 6 aspiring global health academics and clinicians at both institutions over the course of 3 years, with at least one mentee developing into an independent academic by the end of the period.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contact details of 3 references.
Our webpage: www.sph.nus.edu.sg