Library Senior Specialist
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Library Senior Specialist - Libraries
Library Senior Specialist is responsible for performing tasks in support of services and activities of the Library, implementing and managing library systems, discovery mechanisms, and control mechanisms for online resources. Also responsible for educating library staff about relevant and emerging systems technology and for using technology to support students, manage repositories, and provide multimediacenter support.
- Keep abreast of development of library and other emerging technologies to maintain current
- awareness of information tools in order to meet the need of students, faculty, staff and community
- users at the university.
- Develop new digital library services that emphasize service, performance, sustainability, and usability
- to support learning and research.
- Assist other departments to identify and develop collaborative approaches in the creation of digital
- collections, data curation and digital scholarship.
- Develop tools and frameworks that enable the ongoing assessment of existing library services, user
- requirements and technological needs and take necessary actions based on the research.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are delivered according to international standards, rules, and
- best practices and that digital assets and systems are managed safely and securely with appropriate
- back‐up arrangements in place.
- Encourage and assist in the integration of technology into the library’s physical and virtual presence
- Participate in team‐teaching sessions with subject librarians to meet student needs
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the website development plan and follow up on
- the progress of all action plans and initiatives identified
- Manage and guide teams and work groups to ensure a smooth flow of work on website development
- Participate along with other team members in the design and coordination of statistical and
- managerial reports.
- Develop policies, programs and procedures related to digital initiatives and technologies
- Act as a liaison and first point of contact with the Information Technology Department and work
- closely with the IT staff to feed and drive the enhancement of digital library applications.
- Work with the Information Technology Department to provide technical support for software installation, integration, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, troubleshooting, and user support.
- Represent Library in campus‐wide IT initiatives such as the development of the university Repository,
- and other Library related projects.
- Support the library management in advising and managing all library automation needs.
- Lead a team responsible for the evaluation and acquisition of library systems and databases,
- developing and configuring software, and monitoring and improving performance of library systems.
- Collaborate with relevant departments in KU on special projects and new strategic initiatives.
- Monitor all stages of the e‐resources cycle including trial access, registration, access and
- authentication, awareness and support, and the final removal of access on cancelation.
- Maintain a repository for placing Khalifa University intellectual content online, integrates with eFADA
- (consortium) repository as appropriate
- Develop web‐based and other technologies in delivering resources and providing virtual assistance
- to users.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and
- report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as
- and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Serve as primary representative and contact to the designated library systems vendors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3‐5 years of relevant experience.
- Expats: A minimum 7‐9 years of relevant experience.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Senior Specialist
Job Type: Full-time