Commercial Law Placement
- CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY
- Cranfield, United Kingdom
- £21,375 per annum
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Based at: Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered.
Contract type: Fixed term contract
Salary: Full time starting salary is normally £21,375 per annum
Apply by: 22/02/2023
About the Role
The legal team consists of six legal advisors who provide a vital specialist service to the University and its subsidiary companies - reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts and agreements, ensuring that they do not expose the University or its subsidiaries to unreasonable risk and that they comply with current legislation and internal policies and procedures.
The team is seeking a confident and enthusiastic undergraduate with strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication, with a willingness to learn, to provide support to the team
Reporting to a Senior Legal Advisor your duties will include:
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating amendments to contracts, (often to short deadlines), based upon university template documents or existing Framework Agreements and those based upon customer/supplier terms and conditions.
- Liaising with other members of the team who have specific knowledge and experience of different areas of the law as necessary.
- Liaising with internal academic and non-academic teams to ensure proposed agreements meet their requirements and negotiating any necessary amendments directly with the customer or supplier.
- Upon completion of negotiations, preparing contracts for signature by an authorised signatory, ensuring all the paperwork is correct and that all internal approvals are in place.
- Distributing fully signed documents to all the appropriate internal and external stake holders.
- Managing and maintaining your own case files.
- Recording and maintaining all your work-in-progress on a contracts database.
Candidates must be studying towards an undergraduate law degree and have studied modules in commercial law, including Law of Contract and Law of Tort.
Please use the ‘Other Relevant Information’ section of the application form to explain why you are interested in the post and what you would hope to get out of it.
Our Values and Commitments
Our shared, stated values help to define who we are and underpin everything we do: Ambition; Impact; Respect; and Community. Find out more here.
We aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together and realise their full potential. We are a Disability Confident Employer and proud members of the Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme. We are committed to actively exploring flexible working options for each role and have been ranked in the Top 30 family friendly employers in the UK by the charity Working Families. Find out more about our key commitments to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Flexible Working here.
How to apply
Apply online now at www.cranfield.ac.uk or contact us for further details on E: email@example.com , please quote reference number 4402
Closing date for receipt of applications: 22 February 2023