Senior Programme Administrator
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £27,929 to £32,348 Per annum
- 02 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Student & Education Services
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £27,929 to £32,348 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 17 February 2023
Interview Date: Thursday 09 March 2023
We have an immediate and exciting opportunity to be part of our team in the division of Student and Education Services at the University of Southampton. Student and Education Services is responsible for the delivery of all elements of the student experience in relation to student administration, support and co and extra-curricular student-facing provision at the University. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team as we seek to achieve our ambition to provide a best-in-class student experience aligned to our new University strategy.
As a Senior Programme Administrator, you will work closely with academic colleagues including Programme Directors to provide comprehensive end-to-end administrative support to an assigned programme portfolio, ensuring a high-quality and seamless experience for both our Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and academic staff.
Examples of roles and responsibilities that you will deliver include:
- Acting as a point of contact for all taught students, staff and visitors, advising on a wide range of matters to support a positive student experience
- Local implementation of policy, processes and procedures for education with your respective Faculty
- Undertaking a number of administrative duties related to programme administration to ensure the service adheres to the policies, processes and procedures of the University, Quality Assurance (QA) and Codes of Practice.
- Provide a broad range of support and administrative services across all taught programmes including but not limited to marks entry, timetabling, and examinations to ensure the service is promoting a positive student experience.
- Provide administrative support to relevant committees, including Boards of Examiners, ensuring they are serviced and aligned with the University’s Code of Practice.
The ideal candidate will be organised and enjoy working at pace with a deadline sensitive workload. You will have excellent communication skills and be passionate about the student experience. You must be committed to developing relationships with academic colleagues and have effective team working, communication and interpersonal skills.
For more information and an informal chat please email Zoe Heathcote at email@example.com.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Sian Gale (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 1919222GX-2R on all correspondence.