Senior Administrative Officer – Curriculum and Quality Assurance
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £14.88 per hour
- 01 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
Quality Standards & Accreditation
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £14.88 per hour
Closing Date: Tuesday 14 February 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start Date: As soon as possible following successful interview
End Date: 05th May 2023
Location: Highfield Campus
Working Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Job Purpose: To deliver an effective and efficient service to beneficiaries and stakeholders, applying a detailed knowledge of systems and processes within Curriculum & QA.
To establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in; the Office of the Academic Registrar (OAR), Student and Education Services (SES), staff in the faculties and other Professional Services to ensure that agreed standard processes are implemented.
To be proactive in identifying improvements to service, processes and systems highlighted through the collection of feedback, evaluation, and benchmarking.
Key accountabilities/primary responsibilities:
- To apply a detailed understanding of Curriculum & QA policies, processes, and systems to ensure that activities are delivered accurately, efficiently and by agreed deadlines, and to identify potential improvements for further investigation.
- To lead on delegated responsibilities for the organisation and delivery of a set of the functional activities listed in Appendix A and to build and maintain knowledge of the business processes and flows ensuring team integration, spread of knowledge and workload equivalency.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in OAR, SES and other Professional Services to ensure that shared responsibilities for Curriculum & QA processes are discussed and equitable arrangements agreed. This will involve gaining a greater understanding of institutional developments, student-centred and customer service approaches.
- To oversee and coordinate own work and the work of the administrative team in the provision of an agreed level of service to beneficiaries. To ensure the consistent planning and prioritisation of short- and medium-term work activities in response to agreed deadlines, reporting progress to the Team Leader
- Broad work experience, acquired through a combination of job-related training, considerable on the job experience, demonstrating development through progressively more demanding work roles.
- Capacity to organise data and schedule events, activities and resources and ensure they run smoothly.
- Plan and prioritise own short- and medium-term work activities within guidance offered by the Team Leader.
- Monitor timescales and resources and report to the Team leader issues which cannot be resolved within standard daily operation.
- Ability to acquire and apply comprehensive knowledge of CQA processes, procedures, and systems; use initiative and judgement to resolve daily problems offered by the Manager/Team Leader.
- Ability to acquire clear understanding of the
- Be a proficient user of the Banner student record system.
Please note that unfortunately we can not accept Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) for Casual Work at the University of Southampton