Research Assistant (Synthetic Aperture Radar Data Processing)
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 01 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Electrical and Communications Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant (i.e. PhD graduate student) on Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Imaging/Data Processing to support planned UAE Constellation of X-band SAR Satellites. The position involves strong interaction with the National Space Science and Technology Center (NSSTC). The research assistant should be knowledgeable in the areas of Remote Sensing, Signal Processing, and Programming, with interests in societal applications (e.g. target and change detection, classification etc.), and should be able to conduct independent research on these topics. The goal is to develop the required software tools to process raw SAR data, calibrate them, and implement some of the applications described above. In preparation, data from other SAR missions will be used, as well as from the ground-based SAR prototype that will be developed in a parallel PhD Thesis.
- M.Sc. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a relevant field (e.g. Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering…)
- Knowledge on Remote Sensing, Signal Processing, and C, Matlab and other scientific/technical programming languages.
- Ability to develop stand-alone software applications and document them.
- Good technical writing and oral skills in native language and English
- Flexible, motivated, collaborative, and willing to work in a team
- Experience in SAR data processing (raw data, and at higher levels)
- Experience in Software projects: requirements generation, version control, task distribution, validation and verification
- Ability to work with junior students and mentor them.
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-03-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant