Postdoctoral Scientist - Molecular mechanisms of obesity-associated liver cancer
- UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES
- Brussels, Belgium
- 01 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We offer a full-time position at the Signal Transduction & Metabolism Laboratory in Brussels.
The Signal Transduction and Metabolism Laboratory (www.stmlaboratoy.com) led by Dr Esteban Gurzov is seeking highly motivated post-doctoral researchers to explore the pathophysiological mechanisms contributing to obesity and metabolic liver dysfunction. The successful applicant will join the Laboratoire de Gastroent rologie Exp rimental et Endotools/ULB Faculty of Medicine, characterised by an impressive track record in research excellence.
The project will take advantage of human stem cells, diabetes cell models, mouse models, pharmacological approaches and human specimens to determine the molecular mechanisms by which dysfunctional signalling contributes to the development of obesity, and complications such as liver cancer, and to explore novel approaches for combating the pathologies.
The Signal Transduction & Metabolism Laboratory provides a world leading environment for creative science. We foster research excellence and pursue discoveries in metabolic diseases, with experts working together in collaborative teams. Come and join us!
- We believe in a strong scientific commitment and reproducible findings to contribute to the way of thinking in diabetes research.
- Our vision is to translate fundamental science to the clinic by a collaborative effort between scientists, physicians and the industry.
- PhD in metabolic disease and/or metabolism
- Experience with mouse handling and experimentation is essential
- Experience in stem cell culture, molecular biology/genome editing (e.g. qPCR, CRISPR/Cas9 and bulk/single cell RNA-Seq), immunohistochemical and/or biochemical techniques will be advantageous
- Experience with mouse models of diabetes will be advantageous
- Experience with FACS sorting will be advantageous
- The candidate should have demonstrable track record of research excellence and be capable of both work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- High motivation, flexibility as well as innovate and creative thinking are a must
Applications + 3 references should be sent directly to Esteban.Gurzov@ulb.be
Esteban N. Gurzov, PhD
Head, Signal Transduction and Metabolism Laboratory
Universite libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
808 Route de Lennik
Tel: +32 2 555 8908
Salary : Approximately 2500 after tax.
Duration: 1 year full time in the first instance.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Deadline for the submission of applications: Positions open until filled