Research Associate / Fellow, ASEAN Research Fellowship Programme - International Economic Law
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Applications are invited under the NUS Centre for International Law (CIL) ASEAN Research Fellowship Programme. The objective of the fellowship is to develop the research capabilities and knowledge of scholars and/or government officials from ASEAN member states by immersing them in a dynamic and supportive research environment where they can enhance their understanding of different areas of international law and policy.
This is a 12-month fellowship and is only open to nationals of ASEAN member states.
The duties of the incumbent will involve:
- Assisting the Head of the Investment Law and Policy programme in research in connection with the programme’s ongoing projects in international economic law, including CIL’s position as an official observer in UNCITRAL Working Group III and CIL’s ongoing work on investment and climate change.
- Assisting with the development and organization of seminars and workshops organized by CIL, including the Singapore International Arbitration Academy.
- Conducting research and completing a draft for possible publication in a recognized journal at the termination of the fellowship.
- An LLM or JD degree or equivalent experience
- A solid foundation in international economic law and/or international dispute resolution
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and strong organisational and computer skills
- At least 2 years working experience
- Must be nationals of an ASEAN Member State
- CIL will provide a monthly stipend of S$5,000 which includes accommodation. No additional funds will be provided for accommodation.
- Access to professional development opportunities (e.g., events, seminars, and training programmes) within NUS.
- Opportunities to attend regional and international conferences, workshops, and symposiums as well as other scholarly opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly via the NUS Career Portal with the following supporting documents:
- A covering letter indicating experience, motivation for applying to work at CIL under the ASEAN Research Fellowship Programme, and research interests
- A detailed curriculum vitae (no more than three pages) setting out educational and work history
- One sample of written work
- The names and details of two referees
The deadline for applications is 24 February 2023. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For queries, please contact Sadhna Rai at email@example.com.
CIL was established in 2009 as a university-level research institute at the National University of Singapore (NUS). It is located on the Bukit Timah Campus of NUS, together with the Faculty of Law and the Lee Kwan Yew School of Public Policy. As a university-level research institute, CIL engages in both legal and multi-disciplinary research on wide variety of international law issues. Its mission is to enable Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region to play a more significant role in the promotion and development of international law. More about CIL can be found here: https://cil.nus.edu.sg/
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Centre for International Law
Department : Centre for International Law
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18768