Research Assistant Professor / Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
- 01 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering (14500)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Research Assistant Professor / Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering (Ref.: 519230)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving research activities towards defined goals in specified timeline
- Processing in data analysis and management
- Drafting reports and presentations relevant to the projects
- Liaising with project collaborators and partners
- Performing various laboratory administrative duties
- Supporting various Centre’s events & activities
- Handling other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s)
- A PhD degree in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related disciplines
- Preferably with research experience in transistor fabrications, flexible electronics, sensors.
- With strong passion in conducting applied research in device physics
- Fluent in English in both writing and verbal communications; clear and concise writing skills
- Good time management with a strong sense of responsibility and research ethics
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 1-year temporary basis or 2-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 15% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until March 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.