Research Engineer / Fellow, Food Technology / SPICE
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT. The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to actively carry out laboratory work that are pertaining to food product development, process development, food packaging development, food analysis, sensory evaluation, and shelf-life study.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Laboratory work
- Literature review
- To coordinate project activities among various innovation centers / centers of excellence (COI)
- To assist in proposal writing for grant applications
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have a good degree in Food Science, Food Technology, or relevant fields.
- Knowledge in food ingredients/ packaging/ processing, and their applications in food products.
- Understanding with experience in food chemistry/ texture/ sensory evaluation/ microbiology, and discerned laboratory skills for food analysis will be advantageous.
- Prior research or industry experience in food projects will be advantageous.
- Have knowledge in basic food hygiene, good manufacturing practices.