Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Oral Medicine
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $138,645 - $183,911 p.a. + 17% Super + 15% clinical loading for a registered specialist
- 01 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Exciting opportunity for an outstanding senior academic who is a leading authority within their discipline
- Located at the Sydney Dental Hospital in Surry Hills
- Full time, fixed term position. Base Salary Level C/D $138,645 p.a. - $183,911 p.a. + 17% superannuation + 15% clinical loading for a registered specialist
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney School of Dentistry (Sydney Dental School) is ranked amongst the top dental schools internationally, and is one of the largest dental schools in Australia. It has campuses in the Sydney Dental Hospital (in inner-eastern Sydney) and the Westmead Centre for Oral Health at Westmead Hospital (in western Sydney), and outreach service-based teaching is undertaken across the state of NSW.
The school are seeking to appoint an outstanding Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Oral Medicine, in partnership with the Sydney Local Health District (SLHD). The purpose of this role is to lead the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Oral Medicine), a full 3-year program leading to specialist registration in Oral Medicine with AHPRA. The position, based in the Sydney Dental Hospital in Surry Hills, requires a senior academic who is a leading authority within their discipline of Oral Medicine.
The position will contribute to the leadership and reputation of the University of Sydney and Faculty of Medicine and Health (FMH) by participating in collegial governance and decision-making and fostering a culture of excellence through guiding academic staff and students towards success.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for appoint an outstanding Oral Medicine specialist at the level of Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor who has:
- DDS/DMD degree or equivalent along with eligibility AHPRA Registration (unrestricted or restricted under section 69), Australia
- A PhD or equivalent research doctorate in a relevant field of study
- Registered/Registerable in Australia as dentist and Oral Medicine specialist
- A national or international reputation and clinical experience as a specialist in Oral Medicine, with a supporting research profile including competitive research grants, publications and evidence of recognition within the broader research community
- A distinguished record of academic teaching excellence, as evidenced through successful student outcomes, demonstrated impact on student learning, recognition through awards/prizes and innovation
- A wide network of established relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders that can be leveraged to enhance the standing of the discipline, school, faculty and University
- Demonstrated success in leading an academic endeavour from curriculum design to producing leading research and providing a student enabling environment
- Experience in people leadership and management within the higher education sector, including demonstrated success in supervising and/or mentoring others towards success
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the higher education sector
- Demostrable comprehensive clinical experience as a specialist in Oral Medicine
Term and remuneration
The position is fixed-term for an initial period of five years on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Where the successful candidate is required to move to Sydney from their present place of residence, the University will assist with reasonable air travel and relocation expenses for the candidate and accompanying family members.
Visa sponsorship will be made available if required.
How to apply
Applications (including a CV and cover letter outlining how your skills, capabilities and experience meet the requirements for the role) must be submitted via the link above or https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Senior-Lecturer-Associate-Professor-in-Oral-Medicine_0101796-1
Closing Date: 15 March 2023
Click to view the Candidate Information Brochure for this role.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a copy of the candidate information brochure, a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact:
Lucy Porter (Senior Talent Partner, Senior Talent Acquisition, Recruitment Operations) on +61 429 771 115 or by email email@example.com
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
As this position is located on a NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health employment requirements
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working With Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.
This position requires meeting the NSW Ministry of Health verification requirements for vaccinations
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.