- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 5000-6500 UAE Dirhams per month
- 01 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
We are looking for applicants to fill in a two-year Research Assistant position in a United Arab Emirates University funded project “SUBTLEX-AR: Soft Power Strategy Online Emirati Journalism: Machine Learning Model.”
Selected candidate will collaborate with the members of research groups on research in a wide range of topics in the foundations and applications of Big Data, such as the development of the underlying theory, tools and techniques necessary to model, extract meaning from, and analyze Big Data for a broad range of applications.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare interview questions
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize interviews
- Manage and respond to project related email
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
- maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and PI)
- Arrange and/or attend project meetings
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports for the PI
- Prepare other articles, reports, spreadsheets, posters and presentations
- Assisting with statistical data analysis and generating correspondence, reports and graphics
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by PI
- Time management skills to meet the project deadlines. Specific responsibilities:
- Designing, developing, and researching Machine Learning systems, models, and schemes.
- Studying, transforming, and converting data science prototypes.
- Searching and selecting appropriate data sets.
- Performing statistical analysis and using results to improve models.
- Development and deployment of novel Deep Learning algorithms, implementation and evaluation using multi-modal.
- Conduct independent research and development of interdisciplinary projects using Big Data tools.
- Develop software to evaluate novel data mining and analytics techniques.
- Participate in the establishment of future research directions and contribute to group grant proposals.
- Document research by publishing papers in high-quality journal and conferences.
- Collaborate with research group members on research projects
- Direct Interview arrangement and related information and quantitative/qualitative data analysis.
- Analyze and interpret the results using computational software (e.g., SPSS, Smart Pls, Excel, GIS).
- Generate advanced graphs to illustrate the results.
- Assist in writing the research paper (advanced English skills are desired), communicate and disseminate the work.
- Carry out large scale psycholinguistic experiments to validate the frequency statistics of the database.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MSc. in computer science or a relevant discipline
Strong background in Computational Linguistics. Preference is given to those who are proficient in both Arabic and English (since the project data is in Arabic).
The applicant is expected to be dynamic and highly motivated to work independently and with others.
Division College of Humanities &S. Sc.(CHSS)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.-CHSS
Job Close Date 28-02-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant
Salary 5000-6500 UAE Dirhams per month