Partnerships Manager Asia
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £42,592.00 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health
- Job Type
- Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Partnerships Manager (Asia) is responsible for the management of key relationships in the region, supporting all King’s faculties in their engagement, both in education and research, in Asia. They are responsible for the development and management of a series of essential strategic projects and partnerships which will contribute to King’s Internationalisation Strategy.
The role supports the King’s engagement by leading or contributing to strategic initiatives related to Asia and by developing and providing country-specific information to colleagues, including senior management. The postholder has a key role in the building of a versatile, high-quality partnerships & international programmes portfolio at King’s College London; the postholder will project-manage the development of new collaborative programmes internally with faculty and with overseas partners. S/he will be a proactive contributor to the design of academic programmes, including service-focussed ones.
S/he will be responsible for managing the development of partnerships in the assigned region, being a key contact for the King’s community on all matters related to Asia. The postholder will line-manage the Senior Partnerships Officer based in Shanghai, and develop strong relationships with embassies, governments, funders and other key stakeholders. S/he will seek opportunities, provide intelligence on Asia, and will be responsible for managing incoming and outgoing delegation visits, for expanding our networks in the region as well as preparing briefings, organizing events and other activities as necessary to implement King’s engagement strategy for Asia.
The postholder will work closely with academics from all nine faculties and also with Professional Services Colleagues, including Global Mobility, Alumni & Fundraising, Marketing, Education Innovation, Research Support, Admissions and Quality Assurance, among others.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
• External relations: To build relationships with country experts in key public and private organisations such as the British Council, funding bodies, Universities UK and others to seek out opportunities for King’s.
• Global region expertise: Support King’s engagement in Asia by leading on or contributing to strategic initiatives related to that region and by providing country-specific information to colleagues, to senior management and across the university through briefings and by managing Regional Networks.
• Partnership development: To liaise with academic and professional services colleagues across King’s to develop partnership project proposals and business plans; to be pro-active in looking for partnership opportunities both in education and research.
• International strategy projects: Undertake analysis and develop strategies to respond to higher education policy in the UK and internationally.
• Conduct research: ‘Horizon scanning’ of issues impacting international education. In liaison with multiple teams conduct independent research, recording, prioritising and disseminating information from sources both internal and external to King’s College London, for the purpose of promoting the internationalisation agenda within the university.
• High-level delegations: Project manage high-level incoming and outgoing delegation visits, preparing briefings and coordinating logistics with other PS staff. Owns and oversees follow-up actions from delegation visits and meetings with international partners.
• Profile raising: Contribute to improve the visibility and profile of King’s international profile, working with other teams to compile data and profiles of the College’s engagement in the global region.
• Strategic development: Contribute to periodic reviews of priorities for the Global Engagement team
• Line-manage the Senior Partnerships Officer based in Shanghai and manage our relationship with King’s launchpad provider in China
• To build and manage relationships and cooperation between faculties and Professional Services teams involved with internationalization.
• To provide support and guidance for the Vice-President International and Vice Deans International and advise faculty on regional and internal funding opportunities.
• In liaison with other Professional Services teams, keep track of international partnerships activity and contribute to the international partnerships database.
• To project-manage identified initiatives and outreach programmes or events.
• To assist in financial and statistical reporting
• To undertake any other duties that might reasonably be required.
1. Degree qualification
2. Knowledge of Asia higher education environment
3. Excellent written and spoken English with clear and concise communication skills
4. Experience working with higher education
5. Experience in taking a key role in the successful delivery of international partnership projects
6. Experience in project management
7. Proactive, self-organised, capable of meeting tight deadlines and responding to new priorities in a flexible manner
8. Good strategic thinking and excellent attention to detail
9. Good team player
1. Experience in developing international collaborative education programmes and other forms of TNE
2. Fluency in Chinese or Japanese, or any other language relevant to portfolio
3. Experience organising high-profile events involving senior stakeholders