Senior Lecturer, Music/Events/Emerging Technologies
- Whitechapel, London E1
- £35,000 to £52,500 per annum
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Contract Type
- Full Time
£35,000 to £52,500 per annum (inclusive of London Allowance), dependent upon skills, knowledge and experience
Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, owned by Nottingham Trent University (NTU), is opening a brand-new campus in Whitechapel, London.
Opening in September 2023, our state-of-the-art campus, which will include a 600-capacity multipurpose venue to host live music, entertainment and esports, as well as specialist studios and teaching spaces will deliver pioneering creative education aligned to the entertainment industries. We will provide the very best technology and facilities, industry opportunities, and teaching experiences to UK and international students at undergraduate and postgraduate study levels.
We are now seeking Senior Lecturers to lead in the development of courses and infrastructure, working as part of the Higher Education team at our new London campus, which forms part of the Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies (CICT).
In this role, you will have course leader responsibilities and will be someone who can lead on the development of specific courses within the Music, Events and Emerging Technologies curriculum area.
For further information about the courses we are offering, for both undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses please visit our website.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the curriculum and a team of lecturers
- Teach designated subjects within your specialist area which inform, inspire and engage students with appropriate development activities, training and research
- Lead the development of industry links to embed Work Like Experience
- Demonstrate a commitment to CICT’s 'do it for real' ethos and strategy and ensure that is considered in the development and delivery of the curriculum, ensuring quality at all times.
- Support the progression, high achievement and successful completion of the students on the course
- Support various events and front-facing activities to promote the curriculum, in line with Nottingham Trent University (NTU) policies and processes and relevant regulatory frameworks
You will bring:
Exceptional knowledge of your subject area, with current industry connections
Skilled in writing and developing inspiring and high quality under graduate courses
Experience of management within a higher education environment
Demonstrable teaching experience, with the relevant qualifications (to at least degree level)
A solid understanding of student data and its appropriate use for managing a course
Organised and able manage a complex workload and able to influence internal and external partners and colleagues.
In return, we can offer you an exciting array of company benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closure
- Travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Funded membership of our health care cash scheme
Confetti is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We’re proud to be a progressive employer that champions opportunity and diversity in all aspects of our work, and we’re committed to equality for all. We warmly welcome applications from people who reflect our diverse community and are committed to providing flexible working opportunities across the organisation.
To apply please visit our website via the link to access the online application form.
For more information on Confetti Media Group and our London campus, please visit our website.