Post Doctoral Fellow, School of Humanities and Social Science
- Shenzhen, China
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
About School of Humanities and Social Science
School of Humanities and Social Science (HSS) of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen intends to become a school of excellence in humanities and social sciences, and to provide high-quality programmes in multiple areas at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. At this moment, HSS offers three high-quality bachelor programmes, six master programmes and three MPhil-PhD Programmes. Our mission is to discover, preserve and disseminate knowledge in the humanities and social science, and to train innovative, forward-thinking, globally-minded and principled scholars and leaders who strive for the betterment of the humanity and society, thereby serving the needs and enhancing the wellbeing of the citizens of the Greater Bay Area, China as a whole, and the wider world community. We hope that, through our constant efforts, HSS will be acknowledged regionally, nationally and internationally as a first-class center of scholarship in the humanities and social science whose bilingual, global and interdisciplinary dimensions of teaching and learning, scholarly output and contribution to the community consistently meet standards of excellence.
- Social Media Studies
- Computational Social Science
I. Duties and Responsibility
- To undertake research work with the leadership of the Principle Investigator in the relevant discipline area using the appropriate methods and/or techniques;
- To provide guidance and support to students associated with the project;
- To produce research reports and/or publications as required;
- To assist, attend and contribute in relevant activities, such as public lecture, seminar or conference;
- To undertake other duties assigned by supervisor.
II. Post Specification and Requirements
- PhD in a relevant area of applied data science, informatics, or social science;
- Skills in collecting, managing and processing digital data;
- Relevant background in humanities and social science;
- A clear commitment to contributing to the research environment. Good communication, mentoring, and interpersonal skills with the capability of working within a project team to achieve results.
Requirements for applying for postdoctoral position in Shenzhen Postdoctoral Station
- Under 35 years old;
- Have obtained PhD degree within the past 3 years;
- Fulltime employment with Postdoctoral Station, usually for 2 years;
- Have not applied for living allowance in Shenzhen Postdoctoral Station.
III. Benefit and Salary
- Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China;
- Qualified to apply for living allowance in Shenzhen Postdoctoral Station (180,000 RMB before tax per year and no more than 2 years);
- Opportunities to apply for research projects, talent programmes, research subsidies.
Applicants should send their up-to-date CV, name list of three referees and representative papers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as “job title + name of applicant”.
Applications will be considered until the posts are filled.