Assistant Professor of the Department of Health Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine
- MASARYK UNIVERSITY
- Brno, Czech Republic
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Department: Department of Health Sciences – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 5 Mar 2023
Start date: April 2023 or by agreement
Job type: part-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection procedure for the position Assistant Professor of the Department of Health Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine MU (with shorter working hours)
The Department of Health Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine MU is an educational and research institution of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University. Provides teaching of study programs in non-medical study programs (mainly for the study programs General Nurse, Midwives, Paramedics, and Intensive Care) and participates at the tuition of other non-medical programs and also General Medicine and Dentistry.
You can also learn more about us on our Faculty of Medicine website and also at the websites of the department, Facebook or Instagram.
The scope of your work will be:
- participation in theoretical and practical teaching at the workplace,
- preparation of the study and teaching materials,
- independent research and development activities, including the publication and presentation of research results,
- organization and participation in foreign internships of students and academic staff,
- participation in the organizational provision of research and pedagogical activities, incl. related administration,
- membership in commissions for state final examinations.
- completed university education in the field of General Nursing (with the title BSc.) - acquisition of professional competence according to § 5 of Act No. 96/2004 Coll. or equivalent education attained abroad,
- completed university education in a master's degree in Healthcare Science in accordance with Act No. 96/2004 Coll. (non-medical health professions) and the acquisition of specialized competence according to Act No. 96/2004 Coll., or equivalent education attained abroad,
- completed specialised study in the field of General Nursing, Intensive Care, Pedagogy or Psychology,
- professional experience in the Intensive care (at least 20 hours per week in previous 2 years), teaching experience,
- capability of independent professional and research work including publishing activities,
- capability to actively participate at an international conference or professional seminar,
- fluent English (spoken and written),
- fluent Czech (spoken and written),
- active approach, initiative and willingness for further education,
- moral integrity.
- work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multidisciplinary cooperation,
- involvement in teaching in a participative and interactive educational skills lab,
- professional growth and the possibility of continuous education,
- employee benefits (8 weeks holiday, supplementary pension insurance, free vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis and more).
How to apply:
Send your application by the above-written deadline. Please use the link in the Electronic Application section (see below).
Your application must include the following documents:
- a structured CV
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- recommendations by two professional guarantors
You will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt of your application by e-mail upon its successful submission. For more information, you can contact us on phone 549 49 6613.