Projects Planning Specialist (Administration and Facilities
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Finance & Procurement
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Assist in development of project scope of work, budget and time line
- Coordinate Facilities projects with internal and external parties involved, ensuring procedures and materials comply with specifications and standards.
- Coordinate the design process to ensure the design meets the intended goals of the project
- Organize project inception workshops/meetings with internal and external stakeholders to gather their requirements.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and review contract bidding documents.
- Review contract plans and specifications to ensure conformance with project requirements.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, and labor to determine project feasibility.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical data to plan projects.
- Compute load and grade requirements to determine design specifications.
- Assist in developing blueprints using CAD systems.
- Actively contribute to completion of team goals and assigned tasks; clearly communicate information, ideas, or instructions verbally and in writing
- Communicate and provide project reports status to the customer and Project Manager
- Coordinate the bid/award activities for construction and design contracts
- Review and analyze change order requests for merit and cost reasonableness
- Oversee work in progress to gauge timeliness and conformance with agreed requirements and standards, and ensure that KU project quality standards are met.
- Schedule material and equipment purchase and delivery in coordination with the Procurement Department and other Departments.
- Maintain records related to facilities technical design drawings and specifications, maps, contracts, inspection reports, project schedules, and other related reports.
- Interact with team members to accomplish established goals
- Maintain awareness of project safety concerns and potential violations
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering related field.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 0-1 years of relevant experience
- Expats: A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time