Faculty Position in Social Work
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jul 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading university centred in Asia. It is consistently ranked among the top 30 universities in the world and top two in Asia. Social Work is one of the oldest Departments in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), which hosts 16 Departments covering a wide range of academic programmes in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Asian Studies and Language Studies. In this multi-disciplinary setting in Singapore’s flagship university, the Department of Social Work offers ample opportunities for cutting-edge curriculum and research initiatives on contemporary social work, social development and cultural diversity. The Department has a strong focus on practice and practice-based research. It produces graduates who rise to be leaders in social services and social policy. The Department also values expertise in interprofessional education/practice.
The Department seeks faculty members who have expertise in one or some of the following areas: Social Work with vulnerable children, youths and adults; disability; ageing; social policy; group and community work; human service planning and administration; and inter-professional practice. The staff team is keen to attract those who are interested in developing expertise in practice frameworks and cross-cultural issues relevant to the Asian region, and in client/service user involvement.
We invite applications for the following faculty position:
- Assistant Professor
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including housing and travel benefits.
Applicants for the positions must:
- Have a PhD in Social Work or a PhD in a related field with a Masters or Bachelor in Social Work
- Have good publication and research records, particularly for tenure track applicants
- Demonstrate an interest and ability to teach foundation and practice courses as well as contribute to research and scholarship
- Applicants with a minimum of 5 years of practice experience after a Bachelor’s degree (BSW) or Master’s degree (MSW) in Social Work will be particularly welcome.
Evaluation of applications will continue until the vacancy is filled. Please submit through CHRS link: your full curriculum vitae; statements of teaching, practice, and research; three key publications; student feedback in the last two years; and arrange for at least three academic letters of reference to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries, please send to email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Department of Social Work
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
National University of Singapore