Research Fellow, School of Biological Sciences
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £35,333 - £37,474 per annum
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Biological Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow within the Institute for Global Food Security.
The postholder will be a highly productive, ambitious and collaborative member of the research project/team for the Financial Rewards for Improved Biodiversity Outcomes (FRIBO) project, assisting in the planning and delivery of the research activity, specifically in the areas of sustainable finance and biodiversity.
The post is a critical role, and as such, successful applicants will have responsibilities in independent research, planning, collaborations, and outreach.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained or be about to obtain (within 3 months of joining) a *relevant PhD. (*in, Economics or Finance).
- At least 3 years’ relevant research experience to include:
- A proven track record of analyses, critical evaluations, and interpretations of data relevant to the research project;
- Working effectively as part of a research team and in the development and promotion of the research theme;
- Willingness to work across disciplines and sectors e.g. land-use, finance, biodiversity;and
- Highly organised with ability to work on a wide range of tasks and activities.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term post available until 2 January 2024. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Prof George Hutchinson at email@example.com
About the School
Attractive Reward and Benefits Package
Information for International Candidates